Aide au logement et locateurs
Les renseignements et ressources présentés ici ont pour but de soutenir vos efforts visant à aider les locataires et à recruter et conserver les locateurs afin de prévenir l’itinérance et d’y mettre fin. Ces liens, qui mènent vers des sites de tiers, sont en anglais
- Supporting Renters and Working with Landlords (2018) (just the PowerPoint).
- Waterloo Region Renters’ Toolkit (on-line) – information, templates, checklists for a self-directed housing search. Includes resources under the following headings: preparing for your housing search, searching for housing, securing housing and making it a home, staying housed, and deciding to move.
- RentSmart Certificate – course to empower tenants to understand their rights and responsibilities, communicate effectively with landlords, neighbours and roommates, budget to maintain their housing, and look after their home.
- Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA – Ontario) – many resources for tenants – samples below:
- Tenant Self-Advocacy Toolkit (2016) – available in five different languages
- Housing Rights Guide for Youth – 5 page booklet
- Northern Housing Rights “Know Your Rights!” Guide for Tenants (2015) – addressing experiences of housing discrimination among First Nation, Metis and Inuit people in Northwestern Ontario – also guide & brochure & postcard & video (20 min)
- Federation of Metro Tenants Associations – example of a tenant organizing body with resources, a hotline and tenant school
- Sample Service Guides:
- See also tools and resources on the Prevention page.
- Ottawa Home Takeover Resources (Crime Prevention Ottawa) – videos, guidebook, posters (in multiple langues), research etc.
- Toronto Housing Unit Takeover Task Force – Safe at Home Report (Dream Team, 2018) – findings, themes and recommendations with strong lived experience engagement.
- The Landlord Engagement Toolkit: A Guide to Working with Landlords in Housing First Programs – (2018) – a Canadian resource with examples and tools from across Canada and links to other resources and toolkits.
- Landlord Engagement Ideas and Resources – USICH (2018) – one page with list of ideas
- Greater Sudbury Landlord Toolkit (2018) – 16 page booklet for landlords and service providers
- Metro Vancouver Housing Placement Toolkit (2017)
- Private Renting Toolkit – Crisis UK (2017) – lots of tools and resources – some links not working
- Community Solutions Landlord Toolkit – community examples, outreach materials, webinars, link to HUD Landlord Engagement and Recruitment resource.
- Rapid Re-Housing Toolkit – NAEH (2016) – tonnes of housing identification tools and examples
- Landlord Outreach Strategies – NAEH (2015) – one-page list of ideas
- Landlord Engagement and Recruitment Deskbook – HUD (2015) – tips and sample documents
- Housing Identification Webinar – NAEH (2014)
- Landlords Like That – 5 min video – From At Home/Chez Soi – Jim meets with two different landlords who have two different reasons for taking a chance on housing At Home tenants
- Toronto Rapid Housing Project – Landlord Letter and Project Q&A
- HOM Inc (Phoenix, AZ) example tools:
Landlord Mitigation and Repair Fund Programs:
- Landlord Risk Mitigation Fund Program – North Dakota – program overview and forms
- Landlord Incentive Fund – Denver – one page program description
- Risk Mitigation Fund Portfolios – USICH (2016) – overview of programs in Orlando, Portland, Seattle and Denver
- The Alex in Calgary uses head leases – email@example.com
- Rapid Housing Head Leasing Initiative – Australia
- Head Leasing Policy (2019) – Australia
- Info On Head Leases – ONPHA (2015)
- Holding On!: Supporting Successful Tenancies for the Hard to House, p. 64 (Institute of Urban Studies, University of Winnipeg, 2014)
- Toronto Landlordconnect.ca is a free online service and vacancy listing for landlords who rent affordable private market units in Toronto and are interested in working with housing help services.
- Toronto Landlordconnect.ca Toolkit (on-line) – developed to assist landlords with all aspects of housing and to create and maintain successful tenancies.
- Hamilton Landlord Resource Toolkit (2015) – information for landlords
- Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA – Ontario) – Unlocking the AODA – Guide for Landlords (2015) and Unlocking the AODA – Toolkit for Landlords (2015)
- Tips on writing a fair rental housing ad by the Human Rights Commission
- Information about and access to Ontario’s new standard lease, required for use starting April 30, 2018
- Educational video by the Ontario Human Rights Commission about human rights in rental housing
Secteurs du Programme
Refuge d`urgence | Déviation | Intervention | Aide au logement et locateurs | Logement de soutien | Prévention | Travailler en partenariat avec d`autres systèmes | Les pairs et l’expérience vécue | Ressources autochtones