Aide au logement et locateurs
Les renseignements et ressources présentés ici ont pour but de soutenir vos efforts visant à aider les locataires et à recruter et conserver les locateurs afin de prévenir l’itinérance et d’y mettre fin. Ces liens, qui mènent vers des sites de tiers, sont en anglais
- Supporting Renters and Working with Landlords (2018) (just the PowerPoint).
- Waterloo Region Renters’ Toolkit (on-line) – information, templates, checklists for a self-directed housing search. Includes resources under the following headings: preparing for your housing search, searching for housing, securing housing and making it a home, staying housed, and deciding to move.
- RentSmart Certificate (from Rent Smart Education and Support Society based in BC) – course to empower tenants to understand their rights and responsibilities, communicate effectively with landlords, neighbours and roommates, budget to maintain their housing, and look after their home. Ready to Rent Ontario was formed to roll out the program in Ontario (report 2021).
- Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA – Ontario) – many resources for tenants – samples below:
- Tenant Self-Advocacy Toolkit (2016) – available in five different languages
- Housing Rights Guide for Youth – 5 page booklet
- Northern Housing Rights “Know Your Rights!” Guide for Tenants (2015) – addressing experiences of housing discrimination among First Nation, Metis and Inuit people in Northwestern Ontario – also guide & brochure & postcard & video (20 min)
- Federation of Metro Tenants Associations – example of a tenant organizing body with resources, a hotline and tenant school
- Sample Service Guides:
- See also tools and resources on the Prevention page.
- Ottawa Home Takeover Resources (Crime Prevention Ottawa) – videos, guidebook, posters (in multiple langues), research etc.
- Toronto Housing Unit Takeover Task Force – Safe at Home Report (Dream Team, 2018) – findings, themes and recommendations with strong lived experience engagement.
- The Landlord Engagement Toolkit: A Guide to Working with Landlords in Housing First Programs – (2018) – a Canadian resource with examples and tools from across Canada and links to other resources and toolkits.
- Landlord Engagement Ideas and Resources – USICH (2018) – one page with list of ideas
- Greater Sudbury Landlord Toolkit (2018) – 16 page booklet for landlords and service providers
- Metro Vancouver Housing Placement Toolkit (2017)
- Private Renting Toolkit – Crisis UK (2017) – lots of tools and resources – some links not working
- Community Solutions Landlord Toolkit – community examples, outreach materials, webinars, link to HUD Landlord Engagement and Recruitment resource.
- Rapid Re-Housing Toolkit – NAEH (2016) – tonnes of housing identification tools and examples
- Landlord Outreach Strategies – NAEH (2015) – one-page list of ideas
- Landlord Engagement and Recruitment Deskbook – HUD (2015) – tips and sample documents
- Housing Identification Webinar – NAEH (2014)
- Landlords Like That – 5 min video – From At Home/Chez Soi – Jim meets with two different landlords who have two different reasons for taking a chance on housing At Home tenants
- Toronto Rapid Housing Project – Landlord Letter and Project Q&A
- HOM Inc (Phoenix, AZ) example tools:
Landlord Mitigation and Repair Fund Programs:
- Landlord Risk Mitigation Fund Program – North Dakota – program overview and forms
- Landlord Incentive Fund – Denver – one page program description
- Risk Mitigation Fund Portfolios – USICH (2016) – overview of programs in Orlando, Portland, Seattle and Denver
- The Alex in Calgary uses head leases – email@example.com
- Rapid Housing Head Leasing Initiative – Australia
- Head Leasing Policy (2019) – Australia
- Info On Head Leases – ONPHA (2015)
- Holding On!: Supporting Successful Tenancies for the Hard to House, p. 64 (Institute of Urban Studies, University of Winnipeg, 2014)
- Toronto Landlordconnect.ca is a free online service and vacancy listing for landlords who rent affordable private market units in Toronto and are interested in working with housing help services.
- Toronto Landlordconnect.ca Toolkit (on-line) – developed to assist landlords with all aspects of housing and to create and maintain successful tenancies.
- Hamilton Landlord Resource Toolkit (2015) – information for landlords
- Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA – Ontario) – Unlocking the AODA – Guide for Landlords (2015) and Unlocking the AODA – Toolkit for Landlords (2015)
- Tips on writing a fair rental housing ad by the Human Rights Commission
- Information about and access to Ontario’s new standard lease, required for use starting April 30, 2018
- Educational video by the Ontario Human Rights Commission about human rights in rental housing
Secteurs du Programme
Refuge d`urgence | Déviation | Intervention | Aide au logement et locateurs | Logement de soutien | Prévention | Travailler en partenariat avec d`autres systèmes | Les pairs et l’expérience vécue | Ressources autochtones